Thursday, March 18, 2010

Join Us Young America

The escalator was moving...I was rushing to reach it...And there they were, four teenage girls huddled together with quizzical expressions. "What does your sign say?" one asked. I tilted it toward her so she could read, "We Don't Want to Be Europeans. Keep the Nanny State in the OLD WORLD."

"Are you a nanny?" asked one.

"No, I'm a mom fighting for my son's world and yours," I responded. "We're here with other TEA Party patriots fighting big government's attempts to rule our lives so that you won't have to toil at a joyless existence of debt servitude. And you should join us. Your world is at stake."

"If I lived here, I would help you," a small voice piped up. She was slender with a heart-shaped face emerging from a thicket of black hair.

I felt as if she had just given me an energy transfusion. "Where do you live?" I asked.

"Mexico," she responded.

"Thank you, honey. But you have great battles as well. Good luck."

My friends were disappearing up the escalator. I had to follow. But questions kept firing in my brain. Who was she? Was she a nanny? What was she doing here? What prompted her to say she'd join me? Why did they take the time from their cell-phone-and electronic- gadget-centered world to ask to see my sign? Those questions will keep rebounding in my mind.

I hope I will see her again someday and many young Americans like her. The hope of America is young patriots who will fight to preserve the freedoms with which our founders blessed us . The message has to be, "Join us. It's your world that's at stake."

Wake up our sons and daughters!

This slight half child with the expressive brown eyes knows something that made those heartfelt words, "I would help you," pop out. She recognizes that, at the core of the human spirit, is a spark flickering that must be fanned by each generation to preserve our precious freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment